We hear the term “tech support” every day at work, but does anyone truly know what a computer support specialist does? The technical definition for this position is to provide technical assistance to your organization’s computer system users. However, what does technical assistance really entail? Job Duties / Tasks The daily job duties for a computer support specialist can vary, but here are a few that are fairly consistent among many organizations and industries. 1) Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications. 2) Oversee the daily performance of computer systems. 3) …
Last Updated on Monday, 17 December 2012 09:02 Written by Administrator Friday, 14 December 2012 07:34
Are your IT costs spinning out of control? Is your company experiencing computer downtime? Is this downtime causing customer / employee dissatisfaction? Do you feel as if you are not utilizing your technological services to their full potential?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then you may want to consider Westlacnct for your IT / Computer Support services.
At Westlacnct we offer a wide variety of services to get your business’ technological aspects up and running, but more importantly ensure that they stay running at all times. Our services include: computer support, IT consulting, IT outsourcing, helpdesk services, disaster recovery, application hosting, hosted desktop and email hosting, CIO level consulting, managed services, business telephone systems, and many other IT services. Whatever your technological need, westlacnct.com is your IT partner!
Our company is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and offers nationwide IT / Computer support services. Westlacnct has been the provider of choice for small to medium sized businesses all over the world. Small and medium sized businesses can fare well in today’s tough economy by outsourcing their IT and Computer Support services. All of our IT Support plans are customized to fit your needs so that you can worry less about IT and spend more time running your business. This will allow your business to focus on what you do best, and allow us to focus on what we do best, which is IT and Computer Support services.
Our Network Operations Center is open 24/7 providing IT Support services to all of our customers across the globe. Westlacnct is the only IT / Computer support firm that offers a guarantee on all of our services. If you ever feel that we did not 100% resolve your technological problem, Westlacnct will repay you for the services. This is a guarantee that no one can beat!
Learn more about how we can make your life easy at http://www.westlacnct.com/
Last Updated on Monday, 17 December 2012 08:57 Written by Administrator Tuesday, 12 June 2012 00:00
We hear the term “tech support” every day at work, but does anyone truly know what a computer support specialist does? The technical definition for this position is to provide technical assistance to your organization’s computer system users. However, what does technical assistance really entail?
Job Duties / Tasks
The daily job duties for a computer support specialist can vary, but here are a few that are fairly consistent among many organizations and industries.
1) Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
2) Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
3) Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cable, operating systems, and appropriate software.
4) Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
5) Inspect equipment and read order sheets to prepare for delivery to users.
6) Develop training materials and procedures, and/or train users in the proper use of hardware and software.
7) Answer customer enquiries regarding computer software and hardware operation to resolve problems.
Depending on your specific position, the skills needed for a computer support specialist can vary. Here are a few that are essential for any position.
1) Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to technological problems.
2) Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating system errors and deciding how to correct them. 3) Repairing - Repairing machines or systems using specialised tools.
3) Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
4) Installation - Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet the specifications for the organization.
5) Teaching Strategies - Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when teaching other employees new things about the system.
6) Instructing – properly instructing other employees how to use the software, application, or system.
In order to be a computer support specialist, it does greatly help to have knowledge and experience with the following aspects.
1) Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
2) Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering behind the technology you are working with. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of computer and other technological components.
Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.